I got a job. 8 days ago I was hired, and each day since has been a deluge of experiences for which I have waited so long.
Really, I ought to make a list of all the possible topics that have already come up that I would love to record and discuss, but for now, I will just say that my new district is exactly what I was looking for in my first teaching experience:
- It’s a large district with a large department of English teachers (meaning more resources/expertise to draw from).
- They are serious about professional development and becoming better educators on a daily basis.
- I have a mentor teacher!
- There is a diverse student population, meaning my ESL endorsement will be used!
- My Sylvan teaching experience was actually relevant to me fitting in this position.
- They appreciate ENTHUSIASM! I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE! In all seriousness, though, I absolutely want to work where positivity is encouraged.
- I had the best interview and learned through this experience the importance of finding a school that is a good fit for my teaching personality.
- They believe in me.
I am ridiculously blessed. Although there have already been a few surprises in what I am teaching this year, my gratefulness for all of the above enables me to be very flexible and ebullient!
School starts on Monday. There will be a plethora of thoughts and posts to come! Wish me luck!